Friday, December 21, 2007

8 mos. til Kindergarten, 8 mos. til Kindergarten...

This morning...in the car...

Leo: Uh, Mommy, when I was little, did I eat prain baby food?
Me: Huh? What kind of baby food?
Leo: Prain.
Me: No, there's no such thing as praying baby food.
Leo: (volume and frustration goes up) NOOOOO! PRAIN baby food.
Me: Prain baby food?
Leo: Yes, PRAIN!!! (screaming)
Me: Leo, you don't talk to me in that tone of voice. I don't know what prain baby food is.
Leo: You know, PRAIN BABYFOOD!!!
Me: Well, what is prain babyfood?
Leo: It's mashed fruits and vegetables.
Me: Prain babyfood is mashed fruits and vegetables? Well, then, yeah...I guess you ate prain babyfood.
Leo: OK.
Me: Where did you learn that word?
Leo: Huh? What word?
Me: Prain babyfood.
Leo: Oh, I made it up. I make up my own words now.

No comments: