Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday night pizza

Making a yummy homemade pizza on Friday night has become quite a tradition around here. I usually do a kids' pizza with pepperoni or bacon, and then Todd and I like to try different things. Or...I guess I dream things up, and Todd plays along. But I think they're usually pretty good. One of our favorite ones happened a few weeks ago when I just couldn't make it to the store. I just gathered up what I could find in the refrigerator and called it "Sweep the Kitchen" ala Johnny's (for my Louisiana readers.) I think that week our toppings were pesto, goat cheese, roasted red bell peppers, asparagus, olives, and bacon. It was wonderful!

This week I followed the toppings from a Cooking Light recipe for Pear and Prosciutto pizza. The toppings were caramelized onions, provolone, a sliced d'anjou pear, prosciutto (an Italian ham), and walnuts. After it was cooked, we topped it with fresh arugula tossed with sherry vinegar. Oh so good and tasted so fancy!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

No comments: