Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas decorations

We're having minimalist Christmas decor this year. I just haven't had tons of time for it - busy eating bon-bons and watching soaps, right?

I love to put up a lighted garland and then hang the cards we receive on it. In our old house, I put it around a kitchen window. In the new house, I did the staircase. This picture doesn't really do it justice - it's pretty, and you can see the garland from the street at night through the window above the front door.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


We have a little table top tree that we put out of the reach of little hands. We might get a bigger tree in a couple of years. For now, I love not having to worry about Henry pulling the tree over. He also doesn't understand about not opening gifts, so we have to keep those out of reach. We think it looks great on this TV Hutch that Aunt Carolyn gave us several years ago.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


We also put up lights outside this year b/c that is very popular in this neighborhood. I don't have a picture, but I did simple white lights in the bushes and also used a couple of lighted topiaries that mama gave me.

No comments: